Outline of expected Field Report
We expect your report to have information under the following sub-headings:
1. Objectives of this excursion
2. General information about Jhalawar
3. Location and Accessibility of study area
4. Physiography, Drainage and Climate
5. Background Information - Regional Geology
6. Geology and structure of the study area
7. Field procedures adopted for this excursion
8. Equipment used during this excursion
9. Field observations.
a. Day – 1
b. Day – 2
c. Day – 3
d. Day – 4
e. Day – 5
f. Day – 6
10. Description of different aspects of various rock types viz:
a. Sandstones – variation of strike and dip, bedding thickness variation, grain size, joints, economic potential, etc.
b. Shales – variation in thickness, variation in strike and dip, composition, economic potential, etc.
c. Limestones – occurrence with respect to the shale horizon, variation of strike and dip, composition, economic potential, etc.
d. Volcanic rocks – the extent of their occurrence, their relationship with the Vindhyan rocks, sizes of amygdules, minerals found in amygdules, economic potential of volcanic rocks, etc.
11. Mineral resources of Jhalawar (including potential groundwater areas)
12. Environmental issues related with sandstone and limestone quarrying in and around Jhalawar
13. Places of tourist interest in and around Jhalawar
This website is hosted by
Department of Geology
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 202 002 (India)